Booksybooks.

..is an online bookshop.

What I hope from this little venture is to make it easier for people who loves books and bargains to surf through & shop for cheap books online.
My intent is to spread these books around and reinvest their values into new readers.

The books are second-hand of course and comes with faults here and there. But I feel that gives them character. Personally, I love wondering where these books come from and who has read them before. I hope you will come to feel the same way too...


Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens


Category: Fiction - Classics
Type: Paperback
Condition: Slightly frayed cover, yellowed pages
Price: RM10

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known." After finishing A Tale of Two Cities, Dickens said "It has greatly moved and excited me in the doing." One of his most haunting novels, it has, since its first serial publication in 1859, continued to exert a grip on the popular imagination. Set during the French revolution in a lethal, vengeful Paris and a leafy, tranquil London, the two cities of the title are only a part of the novel's stark dichotomies, which are continued as Sydney Carton and Charles Darnay are drawn towards their separate destinies--their lives touched by the same woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...