Booksybooks.

..is an online bookshop.

What I hope from this little venture is to make it easier for people who loves books and bargains to surf through & shop for cheap books online.
My intent is to spread these books around and reinvest their values into new readers.

The books are second-hand of course and comes with faults here and there. But I feel that gives them character. Personally, I love wondering where these books come from and who has read them before. I hope you will come to feel the same way too...


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Haiku


I bought this book last week and I find it hilarious! I had no idea what Haiku was when I picked up the book. But just a flip inside, it explains that 'In the 16th century, Zen monks in Japan developed Haiku, a poem consisting of three unrhymed lines of five, seven and five syllables'. This dear book has Haiku-ed 100 great books. If you've read or know of these 100 books, you'll find their Haiku versions really funny. Here's some of my favourites...

WUTHERING HEIGHTS
Emily Bronte
Wild. Strange. A bit damp.
Heathcliff waits for Cathy's ghost.
Women. Always late.

LADY CHATTERLEY'S LOVER
D.H. Lawrence
On the grounds, fresh game.
On the new gamekeeper, fresh
Lady Chatterley.

LOLITA
Vladimir Nabokov
Lecherous linguist -
he lays low and is laid low
after laying Lo.

LITTLE WOMEN
Louisa May Alcott
Snowdrops hang like tears
Shy, sweet, saintly Beth has died
One down, three to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...