Booksybooks.

..is an online bookshop.

What I hope from this little venture is to make it easier for people who loves books and bargains to surf through & shop for cheap books online.
My intent is to spread these books around and reinvest their values into new readers.

The books are second-hand of course and comes with faults here and there. But I feel that gives them character. Personally, I love wondering where these books come from and who has read them before. I hope you will come to feel the same way too...


Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thank You!






A big BIG thank you to all of you who dropped by our stall the other day at Urbanscapes! The day was long and boiling hot. And there were some episodes of grey clouds that brought a bit of rain fear to us vendors, but we're glad it didn't pour. Instead, the wind and clouds made up for the heat we had to endure earlier on.. phew!

Anyways, what I really mean to say here is Thank You to all you friends of Booksybooks. Your support made the effort, sweat, aches, pains, etc.. all worthwhile :) And we do apologize for closing stall a little bit earlier. Reason being was, yours truly (yes, me) had to work the next day. Yep, work on a Sunday! Sheesh. So I had to pack up early to give myself enough rest after a long day. I would have loved to stay the whole night and enjoy the event. But work is work, and we gotta cari makan to live right.. :| Hope you understand..

On a personal note, I would like to say Thank you to several people;

..Qush for helping me load, unload, carry, push, sell books, buy food & drinks, teman me jalan-jalan, become my punching bag, basically everything la.. Thank you!

..Alia for waking up early and helping in the setting up, giving ideas and/or criticizing, and for hanging around and bringing drinks and munchies.. thanks to Aji too :)

..Jia Wei from bhelf.com for our little collaboration, sharing the space and helping in selling and promoting Booksybooks while I was away jalan-jalan. Thank you and sorry! Cannot help it..I like to walk around hehe.. Thanks to Sharon too!

..Zul from Gerakbudaya, thank you for arranging the space for us. And to our nice neighbour vendor for small chit chats and the music.

..Last but not least, to me nearest and dearest; Thank you for rempuh-ing the jam and walking the distant just to visit me.. Abah, Kak Na, Kak Shana, Nisha, Mateen, Fara, Ira.. Love you.


Truly,
Rita Booksybooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...